Kalimbassieris Maritime seeks to employ an Accounting Assistant for its Piraeus office.
We are a leading marine consultancy firm offering both in depth technical expertise and claims handling services. We act as marine consultants, P&I correspondents and insurance average agents. Our clients are the International Marine Insurance Markets, P&I clubs, white list ship registries and other shipping commercial interests. We have a real on-the ground understanding of our region and we marry this with international thinking, offering an approach that is unique within the industry.
Established in Greece in 1979, today we have 11 offices throughout the Mediterranean and Black Sea and are the biggest network in the region. We believe that the depth and diversity of our expertise, our geographical spread, our solution driven mindset together with our inherently strong sense of service have placed us in the leading position we are in today.
Key Responsibilities will include:
• Participating in daily accounting activities (e.g., monitoring financial documents, such as receipts and payments, handling of invoices, bookkeeping and other General Accounting related tasks)
• Submitting official declarations (VAT, CIT, VIES, MyData platform, withholding taxes forms, social security)
• Actively participate in the annual budget planning process along with the Finance Director and the Accounting Supervisor
• Assisting in the preparation of various internal accounting and budgeting reports including monthly cash flow reports and projects as instructed by the supervisor
• Handling communication with external parties (suppliers/banks) and with internal departments as well
• Cooperating in the establishment and monitoring of the internal control procedures
• Payroll preparation
• Fixed asset register bookings
• Working closely with accounting departments of affiliated companies to align accounting policies
• University degree in Accounting/Finance
• At least 3 to 5 years of relevant working experience
• Experience in a Maritime company is considered an asset
• Advanced knowledge of SOFTONE as a key user
• Experienced user of Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Personal skills and abilities:
• Excellent knowledge of the English language (verbal and written)
• Proven organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently and as a team player, with high attention to detail and accuracy
• Self-motivated person with eagerness to learn
If you are interested in a challenging and progressive work environment, please submit your resume/CV with a covering letter. All applications will be treated strictly confidentially.
Please address your CV’s to: email@example.com quoting reference “Accounting Assistant/Piraeus”.