Kalimbassieris Maritime seeks to employ a Marine Surveyor for its Piraeus office.
We are a leading marine consultancy firm offering both in depth technical expertise and claims handling services. We act as marine consultants, P&I correspondents and insurance average agents. Our clients are the international marine insurance markets, P&I clubs, white list ship registries and other shipping commercial interests. We have a real on the ground understanding of our region and we marry this with international thinking, offering an approach that is unique within the industry.
Established in Greece in 1979, today we have 11 offices throughout the Mediterranean and Black Sea and are the biggest network in the region. We believe that the depth and diversity of our expertise, our geographical spread, our solution driven mindset together with our inherently strong sense of service have placed us in the leading position we are in today.
Key Responsibilities will include:-
• Carrying out marine damage and loss prevention surveys onboard ships (H&M, P&I, Yachts and cargo work)
• Preparing reports on survey findings with particular emphasis on nature, extent and cause of damage
• Communicating with clients
• Undertaking internal project work
• Communicating with and appointing specialists and subcontractors, as necessary
• Communicating with the other offices of the Group
• University graduate with experience in Technical or Operations department of shipping companies
• 5-7 years relevant working experience
• Alternatively, Merchant Marine Academy graduate with seagoing experience on tankers, or dry cargo, or container ships
• Able to travel within Greece and abroad
• Very good knowledge of IT systems
• Proficient in English language
Personal skills and abilities:-
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Organized and detail-oriented
• Able to multitask and prioritize using good time management skills
• Comfortable in working with minimal supervision and also working as part of a team
We would welcome your resume/CV with a covering letter. All applications will be treated strictly confidentially.
Please address your CV’s to: email@example.com quoting reference “Marine Surveyor/Piraeus”.