Kalimbassieris Maritime seeks to employ a Marine Engineer – Surveyor for its office in Turkey/Istanbul.
We are a leading marine consultancy firm offering both in depth technical expertise and claims handling services. We act as marine consultants, P&I correspondents and insurance average agents. Our clients are the international marine insurance markets, P&I clubs, white list ship registries and other shipping commercial interests. We have a real on the ground understanding of our region and we marry this with international thinking, offering an approach that is unique within the industry.
Established in Greece in 1979, today we have 11 offices throughout the Mediterranean and Black Sea and are the biggest network in the region. We believe that the depth and diversity of our expertise, our geographical spread, our solution driven mindset together with our inherently strong sense of service have placed us in the leading position we are in today.
Key Responsibilities will include:
• Performing marine technical surveys onboard vessels, ports, shipyards and workshops within Turkey
• Investigation of the failure of marine equipment
• Assisting Insurers, Shipowners, Marine Superintendents with recommendation concerning local repair options
• Compiling precise written advices and reports, and submitting these to clients as survey attendances progress
• University (or equivalent) degree in Marine Engineering
• Fluent English
• At least 5 years sailing experience on ocean going vessels
• Additional shore-based experience in the Technical Department of a shipping company, classification society or shipyard will be an advantage
Personal skills and abilities:
• Critical thinking
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Fluent English
We would welcome your resume/CV with a covering letter. All applications will be treated strictly confidentially.
Please address your CV’s to: email@example.com quoting reference “Marine Engineer – Surveyor/Turkey”.