Kalimbassieris Maritime seeks to employ a Marine Surveyor for its Thessaloniki office.
We are a leading marine consultancy firm offering both in depth technical expertise and claims handling services. We act as marine consultants, P&I correspondents and insurance average agents. Our clients are the international marine insurance markets, P&I clubs, white list ship registries and other shipping commercial interests. We have a real on the ground understanding of our region and we marry this with international thinking, offering an approach that is unique within the industry.
Established in Greece in 1979, today we have 11 offices throughout the Mediterranean and Black Sea and are the biggest network in the region. We believe that the depth and diversity of our expertise, our geographical spread, our solution driven mindset together with our inherently strong sense of service have placed us in the leading position we are in today.
Key Responsibilities will include:
• Cargo survey on dry cargo, in bulk or packed, carried by any kind of transport (sea, road, air), containerized cargo or not. Focusing on extent of damage including salvage or disposing as well as cause of damage. Travelling in Northern Greece
• Cargo survey on liquid cargo, carried in bulk in the holds of tanker vessels or IBC tanks or flexi-tank containers, with same focus on establishing cause and extent
• Surveys on vessels, terminals and equipment
• Investigation on pollution incidents and attendance/investigation on casualties/marine accidents
• Regular written communication and updating, with P&I Clubs, insurers, brokers, ship owners, cargo owners, agents, forwarders, handlers. Final reporting to Principals and inhouse communication with Piraeus office
• Fluent English
• Sailing experience as a Master or Chief Officer
• Unlimited Master’s or Chief Officer’s license
• Experience in similar operational position
Personal skills and abilities:
• Ability to meet deadlines in correspondence reporting, daily or final
• Communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure and scheduling of assignments
We would welcome your resume/CV with a covering letter. All applications will be treated strictly confidentially.
Please address your CV’s to: email@example.com quoting reference “Marine Surveyor/Thessaloniki”.