Kalimbassieris Maritime seeks to employ a Master Mariner / Chief Officer – Surveyor for its office in Turkey.
We are a leading marine consultancy firm offering both in depth technical expertise and claims handling services. We act as marine consultants, P&I correspondents and insurance average agents. Our clients are the international marine insurance markets, P&I clubs, white list ship registries and other shipping commercial interests. We have a real on the ground understanding of our region and we marry this with international thinking, offering an approach that is unique within the industry.
Established in Greece in 1979, today we have 11 offices throughout the Mediterranean and Black Sea and are the biggest network in the region. We believe that the depth and diversity of our expertise, our geographical spread, our solution driven mindset together with our inherently strong sense of service have placed us in the leading position we are in today.
Key Responsibilities will include:
• Survey of vessels, port structures and equipment, as well as dry bulk, liquid cargo and containers
• Investigation of marine accidents, pollution incidents and damage cases
• Written reporting in English, presenting technical and general information and material gathered during the survey, in a simple, complete and objective manner
• Regular written and oral communication with insurers, ship-owners’ representatives, port operators, agencies, cargo owners
• Coordination with inhouse surveying and claims team within Kalimbassieris Turkey
• Frequent traveling within Turkey with some travel abroad
• Promoting company services in the marine industry including visiting clients and participating in industry events
• Unlimited Master's or Chief Officer's license
• Fluent English
• Sailing experience preferably as a Master, or Chief Officer
• Office experience in a similar position (e.g. operations, marine or cargo superintendency etc.) will be an advantage
Personal skills and abilities:
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
We would welcome your resume/CV with a covering letter. All applications will be treated strictly confidentially.
Please address your CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference “Master Mariner / Chief Officer – Surveyor/Turkey”.